It is almost that time of year once again and finding the perfect Christmas present has never been easier. Everyone loves to get some new kitchen gadget and a juicer is a terrific option on many levels. The most important is that you can give your loved ones something that can greatly improve the quality of their health and help them overcome years of poor eating. Increasing your natural vitamin intake can have a profound positive impact on your body and juicing your vegetables and fruits is an easy way to accomplish this. Another added bonus is that these small appliances are quite modern and will fit seamlessly into any type of kitchen. Make your presents count this December and show your family just how much you care for them with a brand new juicing machine.
While there are plenty of worthwhile models on the market, we are going to focus our attention on masticating juicers. These types of machines will help you get the most bang for your buck when juicing. They are excellent at squeezing out the most juice from fibrous and leafy foods like spinach, broccoli, and kale. You will get a better quality juice with less air that will keep fresh longer.
The best brand in this area of juicing is Omega. They have a long track record of manufacturing some of the top rated and most durable juice extractors. It is easy to judge from the most recent Omega masticating juicer reviews why these are some of the best juicing appliances that you can give. Here is a quick look at some of their most recommended models.
Omega Juicer Machines At A Glance
Omega does make some decent centrifugal models, but they are best known for the quality and efficiency of their line of masticating juicers. Here are some of the top rated options.
This is their latest and greatest all purpose “nutrition center” juicers. They have made some improvements with the NC800 that really make it stand out. A larger feed chute is one such feature that helps garner such high praise from owners. It has a strong motor that methodically grinds and squeezes whatever type of food you choose and slowly removes the juice. This is an excellent choice for anyone looking to juice a ton of greens. It is a little slower than say a Breville juicer, but it is a lot quieter to run. Better juice quality and being extremely efficient with tough to juice veggies is where this model shines. Excellent owner ratings should make buying this model a little easier.
It can do more than just juice as well. You can make your very own peanut butter, almond butter, or any type of nut butter you wish. It comes with different nozzles that will let you expand your use of the machine to include tasks like making your own pasta and baby food. It is extremely versatile which adds to the immense value that it can deliver. It may be a little bit more expensive, but it is worth every penny.
This is the predecessor to the NC800 and if you want to save a little money this this would be a good bet. It has a smaller feed chute, but it can do just about everything the NC800 can do. This is an extremely reliable juicer that has been around for a number of years. It still is one of the better masticating juicer on the market, even after all of this time. Reviews from owners are very solid and the Omega 8006 continues to be a superb choice for those wishing to save a little.
This is an upright masticating juice extractor designed for smaller kitchens with not a lot of counter space. It has a much smaller footprint and is a real space saver. It also happens to be one of the most quiet juicing machines out there. These two features are what make it an attractive alternative for a lot of folks and so far the VSJ843 has gotten a lot of positive feedback from users. Great with leafy vegetables, this machine does require a little more finesse to avoid jamming issues. If you can keep from trying to over stuff too much food into it at once and have some patience then this is an ideal performer in the kitchen.
The Perfect Gift
Yes, centrifugal juicers may be faster and a tad more convenient, but you lose something in the quality of your nutrition. For maximum impact, masticating juicers offer benefits that can really transform how you feel, your energy levels, and how you look. This is why we recommend going this route and getting an Omega juicer is the best way to ensure that you get something that has a solid reputation in the home juicing arena. Give the gift of health to those who you love the most this holiday season and you will be thanked for years to come.
When you take into consideration how frequently you’re driving the youngsters to school, transporting the household to sporting events, or commuting near and far in your automobile with your children, you can see why so much importance is placed on having your kids ride in a safety seat. Parents often struggle when first buying a new child seat. There are many options available and every parent has their own budgetary restrictions, but this is an extremely important step to ensure the protection of your children as they ride in the back seat. It is not just a necessity, but it is the law.
Safety seats, if utilized properly, can significantly minimize the likelihood of injury or fatality for kids in auto accidents. Nevertheless, more than half of the car seats tend to be misused in a manner that could lessen their efficiency. And one out of three kids killed in car collisions were totally unrestrained during the time of the accident.
While most parents spend a sufficient amount of time researching the top car seats to buy for their children, they don’t spend that much time with the owner’s manual learning how to use it properly. Installing a child seat poorly is almost as bad as not using one at all.
Tips To Keep Your Child Safe
Take a look at these 11 car seat safety tips to ensure that your children are safe and secure.
1. Setting up a car seat properly and using it appropriately isn’t as simple as it appears. The majority get it wrong. Find the local licensed car seat inspection service providers for assistance and make certain your little one is riding safely.
2. Make a note of the safety seat expiry date. It is least complicated to write it using a blank label or a piece of masking tape and put it where it is noticeable on the seat itself. After that swap the seat as soon as it has expired.
3. Avoid using an impaired car seat. This will include cracks, missing parts, car seats which have been in mishaps, distressed harness straps, and over washed seats (strong soaps might damage the materials of the car seat, potentially decreasing its functionality under the pressure of a crash).
4. Don’t accept any used seat as a present or even purchase one in case (a) it’s distressed or damaged by any means; (b) it’s expired; (c) it isn’t licensed to be used in your location.
5. Be cautious about facing your kid’s seat forward too soon. Youngsters are nearly 5 times safer in a rear-facing seat which supports their weight up to age four. You might be wary of “squished legs”, however, it is absolutely safe. Children prefer to extend them, fold them, and also dangle them.
6. Never ever undervalue the necessity of your youngster’s harness straps. Always keep them straight as well as tight all the time (if you’re able to pinch an inch in between your fingers, they’re excessively loose)!
7. Make certain that everybody who drives your little one is well equipped with the appropriate safety seat and also understands how to use it, irrespective of how short the trip is. It is suggested to have an extra seat for these occasions, and it is good for visiting family or giving your child’s buddies a ride when needed. No kid must ever ride unprotected. It is unlawful and extremely dangerous.
8. Make sure to adjust the harness straps while your kid matures. For the rear-facing car seats, the straps must be at or slightly below the shoulders; and for the forward-facing car seats, they ought to be at or slightly above the shoulders.
9. No matter how short the ride is, do not hold a kid in your lap while out on the road. It might sound like practical but it is not worth the risk. If you must remove your child from their seat make sure the vehicle is parked and stationary out of the way of traffic.
10. In spite of pressure from the children wishing to ride up front, keep kids below 13 years in the rear seat where they’re much safer and farther away from the active airbags.
11. Once you are expecting and you are planning your baby’s arrival, have the car seat set up as well as examined prior to the due date. Not only do you wish your infant’s first ride to be safe, some hospitals also might not discharge newborn babies till their car seats are set up properly.
Awareness Is Key
It may seem like a lot to take in, but with a little planning and precaution, we can reduce the risk of injury of our children while they are riding safely in the back seat. Our goal should be to avoid the common child seat mistakes that parents make that may put your kids in greater danger. There are plenty of high quality infant, booster, and convertible car seats available, the trick is to make sure that we install them and use them as they were designed. The owner’s manual is going to be an important piece of reading material early on. Fortunately, a lot of the car seat manufacturers also have very informative videos that illustrate the proper use of their child seats to give you a better grasp on what you should be doing.
Taking the lead with your own health is something that most new parents struggle with. Kids are a huge responsibility and they understandably take up most of our concern and time. Usually the first thing that gets sacrificed is your own well being. Whether it be your diet, you end up eating things that are fast and convenient instead of things that are good for you, or carving out time for a good workout, you always seem to be out of time or energy. The kids come first, as they should, and looking after them usually does not leave any time to get a run in.
There is a solution that a lot of folks who love to run have found, and that is a jogging stroller. You can look after the children while you treat yourself to an aerobic stress release. It is a better investment than a treadmill in that it is an activity that the entire family can enjoy and it gets the kids out of the house and into the outdoors for a fun adventure all while letting Mom and Dad burn some calories running. For those with more than one kid, a double running stroller may be just what the doctor ordered.
Are They Safe?
Accidents do happen, but today’s jogging strollers are designed to be able to handle faster speeds, bumpier terrain, and adverse conditions all while providing parents a stable piece of equipment that is easy to control and stop. Bigger wheels, dedicated suspension, hand brakes and even tethers allow you to stay in control and help provide a safe ride for the little ones. You cannot always avoid the negligence of others around you, but you can prepare yourself the best that you can to keep you and your children safe. Having a stroller that you always feel in total control of is a great place to start. Something that fits your frame or that is easily adjustable to provide the perfect fit will go a long way to helping you stay out of harms way.
Which Jogging Strollers Should I Consider?
BOB Revolution– This is one of the most popular lines of running strollers on the market. Lightweight design, durable fabrics, storage and safety features have made these a huge hit with parents and kids alike. Anyone looking to buy a new stroller that can stand up to the punishment of faster speeds should have a look at any of the BOB line of joggers. If you have more than one child, then they are also known for making the best double jogging stroller that you can buy. These are hefty investments so you want to make sure that you get a stroller that is durable and has a valued reputation with runners.
Baby Jogger X3 Summit – This was built for off road use and it is an extremely durable and capable stroller for serious runners. Air filled tires, comfortable suspension, adjustable sun canopy, and hand brakes are just some of what make this unit so good. This is their latest model so there are not a ton of customer reviews, but their previous models were all highly touted by users. If you like to get off the pavement and go into some bumpier terrain then this would be a perfect option.
Top Rated Brands
As you can see from above, BOB and Baby Jogger are two of the best parent rated brands and are always among the top 10 jogging strollers that you can buy. Combing through various online running stroller reviews gives you a good picture that these two are clearly above other stroller manufacturers when it comes to owner satisfaction. Strollers that can handle two or three kids are going to be more expensive than single models, so you want to make sure that you get the very best, and you probably can do no wrong going with either of these reputable names.
The Family That Runs Together
Obviously jogging is a great activity that can provide numerous mental and physical health benefits to the runner, but the kids benefit as well. First, they are able to get out of the house and experience the world with Mom and Dad. It is a true adventure for them and most little ones thoroughly enjoy the ride. Second it is something that the entire family can partake and benefit from. Spending time with one another in a healthy activity is a winning combination that can also ingrain good habits. If you love to run, investing in a jogging stroller is something that is definitely worth looking into.